Eating Disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge eating
- Eating Disorders
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine. Topics include General/Overviews, Clinical Trials, Coping,Prevention/Screening, Diagnosis/Symptoms, Research, Specific Conditions/Aspects, Treatment, Organizations, Statistics, Children, Teenagers, Men, Women, and more. Read an overview of eating disorders for parents, tips for talking with a friend who might have an eating disorder, things parents can do to prevent eating disorders, and about specific disorders: anorexia nervosa, binge eating, bulimia, pica. Learn about treatments, questions to ask your treatment provider, and eating disorders in specific groups. Select espanol from the menu bar for Spanish links.
- This Website provides information on Mental and Emotional Health, Family and Relationships, Healthy Living and Seniors and Aging. Content is written and reviewed by medical professionals.
(Department of Health and Human Services)
- This site has information about the signs of mental illness, how you and others can seek help and how communities can host conversations about mental health. Learn about different types of mental illness, including depression, anxiety, anorexia, and schizophrenia. The site also includes information for people with mental illness, patients and caregivers, family and friends, and educators.
- National Eating Disorders Association
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest not-for-profit organization in the United States working to prevent eating disorders and provide treatment referrals to those suffering from anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder and those concerned with body image and weight issues. This site has abundant information for the public and for professionals. It is worth exploring in depth if you suffer from a disorder or have a child or friend who does. You can learn about how to seek treatment and search for a local treatment provider, although not much is available for South Carolina.
Last Modified: Monday February 06, 2017 2:30 PM