- able South Carolina
- Serves counties in the Midlands and Upstate regions. There is information about local support groups on the Web site.
- This article provides an overview of epilepsy. It includes information on when to seek medical advice.
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- Epilepsy Advocate
(UCB, The Epilepsy Company)
- This site from a biopharmaceutical company offers useful information for those with epilepsy and caregivers. Much of the information is in question and answer format. Learn how to talk with your doctors, ways to make your home safer, what to say to teachers about your child's epilepsy, and much more. Specialists answer frequently asked questions (FAQs). Read and listen to stories from people living with epilepsy or caring for those who have epilepsy. You can choose to sign up and join the online advocate community, but that is not required. Includes some ads for medication.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- This is a national, charitable organization whose mission is to ensure that people with seizures are able to participate in all life experiences; and will prevent, control and cure epilepsy through research, education, advocacy and services.
- The National Society for Epilepsy
- This charitable organization of the United Kingdom provides helpful information to the layperson about the causes of seizures, epilepsy treatments and research. There is a section for professionals also.
Last Modified: Friday November 02, 2012 3:19 PM