Family Medical History
- Genetic Counseling
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine. Topics include Overviews, Pictures/Diagrams, Related Issues, Research, Genetics, Law and Policy, and more. Read about genetic counseling, learn how to create a family tree, and how to compile a family medical history. Select espaĆ±ol from the menu bar for Spanish links.
- Medical History: Compiling Your Medical Family Tree
- Gives tips and ideas on how you can put together your medical family history. The webpage include information on whom you should interview, what kind of information should be included, and how it should be complied.
- U.S. Surgeon General's Family History Initiative
(Department of Health & Human Services)
- Tracing the illnesses suffered by your parents, grandparents, and other blood relatives can help your doctor predict the disorders for which you may be at risk and take action to keep you and your family healthy. The US Surgeon General's Family History Initiative encourages family discussion of health history. This site includes an easy-to-use, downloadable, Web-based family history tool, My Family Health Portrait. This tool is also available in print and in
English and Spanish.
Last Modified: Tuesday February 07, 2017 4:02 PM