What are the signs and symptoms of diabetes?
Could I have diabetes?
You may have all, some, or none of these DIABETES WARNING SIGNS:
- being very thirsty
- urinating often
- feeling very hungry or tired
- losing weight without trying
- having sores that are slow to heal
- having dry, itchy skin
- losing feeling in the feet or having tingling in the feet
- having blurry eyesight
What am I going to do about it?
Consider getting tested:
- if you are 45 years or older, even if you don't have any signs or symptoms.
- if you are younger than 45 and ...
- have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- have a brother, sister, mother or father with diabetes, or
- you are an African American, American Indian, Asian American, Hispanic American, or Pacific Islander
To learn more:
- Early Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
- This page provides symptoms of both types of diabetes and what you should do if you experience these symptoms.
- Basics About Diabetes: What are the symptoms of diabetes?
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- This CDC page describes the symptoms of diabetes as well as providing other basics about the disease such as risks, treatment, and prevention.