- Current WHO phase of pandemic alert
(World Health Organization (WHO))
- Tracks the level of threat from a global flu outbreak, on a scale of 1 to 6.
- Pandemic Awareness: Flu.gov
(Department of Health and Human Services)
- This section of a US government site focuses on global flu outbreaks, called pandemics. Use the topic areas on the left to find information. Includes avian (bird) flu and swine flu. Click on Planning & Preparedness for material targeted for groups such as families, travelers, workers, communities, and health professionals.
- South Carolina Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
(SC Department of Health and Environmental Control)
- What is South Carolina doing to prepare for the possibility of a global outbreak of flu? You can read about areas the state is addressing or download a copy of the state's Pandemic Influenza Plan in .pdf format.
- The link above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to view or download this article, get Acrobat Reader here.
Last Modified: Tuesday May 27, 2014 10:26 AM