Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- What is Sickle Cell Disease?
(Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ))
- A brief description of sickle cell disease. Includes drawings.
- Genetics Home Reference
(National Library of Medicine)
- This Web site has "consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes responsible for those conditions." Help Me Understand Genetics explains the basics of genetics, how genes work, and how mutations or changes cause disorders. You can search by a specific condition or gene or browse the complete list. There are summaries for each genetic condition and gene included. This site is under development; the coverage and resources will continue to grow. Excellent illustrations, a glossary, and links to additional Web sites add to the usefulness of this site.
- Sickle Cell Information Center
(Grady Memorial Hospital and Emory University)
- The purpose of this site is to provide sickle cell patient and professional education, news, research updates and world wide sickle cell resources.
Last Modified: Wednesday October 23, 2019 12:05 PM