(Department of Health and Human Services)
- This site has information about the signs of mental illness, how you and others can seek help and how communities can host conversations about mental health. Learn about different types of mental illness, including depression, anxiety, anorexia, and schizophrenia. The site also includes information for people with mental illness, patients and caregivers, family and friends, and educators.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- This is a 24-hour suicide prevention hotline for anyone who is suicidal or in an emotional crisis. Calls are routed to the nearest crisis center in the national network of more than 150 centers across the country.
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
(Hands on Health-SC)
- Read this for a general introduction to suicide. This section also includes links to many Web sites which focus on all aspects of suicide.
- Suicide Prevention
(Centers for Disease Control (CDC))
- CDC is a federal agency committed to the health and safety of the people of the United States of America. This section on suicide provides, facts, causes, risk factors, and preventive measures.
Last Modified: Monday April 17, 2017 11:12 AM