Professional and Support Groups
- Eat Right
(Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Has information on ways you can eat healthy. Also includes information on fitness and exercise. Has sections for men, women, children, parents and seniors.
- Eat Smart, Move More South Carolina
- The Eat Smart, Move More Coalition is a partnership of state agencies and other groups implementing South Carolina‚Äôs state Obesity Prevention Plan. The site provides tools and tips on how people can live healthy lives in South Carolina.
(American Academy of Family Physicians)
- familydoctor.org offers "health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians." This is a well-organized site with good information. KidsHealth has sections for parents, kids, and teens. One nice feature for kids is a section called Health Problems of Grown-ups, which describes diseases like Alzheimer's and breast cancer and answers questions like "what are varicose veins?" Use the flow charts in Self-Care to help decide whether you can treat a medical problem yourself or should consult your doctor. Healthy Living covers diet, exercise and prevention. Other sections include Drug Information, Health Topics, Find a Family Doctor, Dictionary, and Espanol. You can also select from a list of common conditions or special groups (Women, Men, Children, Seniors).
- South Carolina Physicians
(The American Society of Bariatric Physicians)
- ASBP is a national professional medical specialty society of licensed physicians who offer specialized programs in the medical treatment of obesity (bariatrics) and its associated conditions. Read through Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about obesity, risks and costs associated with this condition, and treatment options. Related Links offers numerous links to other professional organizations and government resources with information about overweight, obesity, and related conditions.
Last Modified: Thursday March 01, 2018 8:32 PM