- Genetics Home Reference
(National Library of Medicine)
- This Web site has "consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes responsible for those conditions." Help Me Understand Genetics explains the basics of genetics, how genes work, and how mutations or changes cause disorders. You can search by a specific condition or gene or browse the complete list. There are summaries for each genetic condition and gene included. This site is under development; the coverage and resources will continue to grow. Excellent illustrations, a glossary, and links to additional Web sites add to the usefulness of this site.
- Huntington's Disease
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- Huntingtonâ€™s Disease
- Provides information about Huntingtonâ€™s Disease including symptoms, causes and treatment options. Also has information about alternative medicine and prevention.
- Huntingtonâ€™s Disease Society of America
- This organization has resources and advocacy programs for Huntingtonâ€™s Disease. Also has a directory on where you can find the closest HDSA chapter to you.
Last Modified: Friday March 31, 2017 2:22 PM