Public Health Statistics
- America's Health Rankings
(United Health Foundation)
- This report is published in partnership with United Health Foundation, the American Public Health Association and Partnership for Prevention. America‚Äôs Health Rankings provides state-by-state analysis of our country‚Äôs health and the factors that affect it.
- Community Health Status Indicators - CHSI 2009
(Department of Health & Human Services)
- CHSI provides statistics on key health indicators for every county in the United States. Each county profile can also be compared against neighboring counties and similar counties, called peer counties, nationwide. This is a useful tool for anyone studying community health.
- County Health Rankings
(Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), University of Wisconsin)
- Provides access to the 50 state reports, ranking each county within the 50 states according to its health outcomes and the multiple health factors that determine a county‚Äôs health.
- Healthy People 2020
(Department of Health and Human Services)
- Healthy People 2020 is a set of health objectives for the Nation to achieve over this decade. Two major goals are to increase the quality and years of healthy life and to eliminate health disparities. This Web site has full text of the report and additional information. Learn about the Leading Health Indicators that will be used to measure the nation's health over the next 10 years.
- SC DHEC Data & Statistics
(South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC))
- This page has links to the recent annual reports of DHEC. Find statistics on aging and healthy living, diseases and illnesses, environment and vitals for the state of SC.
- Sortable Risk Factors and Health Indicators
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- This site has statistics about risk factors and health indicators. Risk factors highlighted include smoking, obesity and binge drinking. Also gives death rates for stroke, heart disease and infant mortality. You can sort data by state, race, gender and age. You can display information in tables or in maps.
- State Health Facts-South Carolina
(Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation: statehealthfacts.org)
- This resource contains the latest state-level data on demographics, health, and health policy, including health coverage, access, financing, and state legislation. You can get individual state profiles or comparison data in topic areas such as Demographics and the Economy, Health Status, Medicaid and SCHIP, Health Costs & Budget, Managed Care & Health Insurance, Minority Health, Women's Health, and HIV/AIDS.
- Vital Signs
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- CDC Vital Signs is a series of reports about key public health indicators. Find statistics and information about latest findings, who's at risk, state information, and what can be done. The Archive contains printable fact sheets.
Last Modified: Monday December 19, 2016 10:24 AM