(Hands on Health-SC)
- Read this for a general introduction to cancer. This section also includes links to many Web sites which focus on all aspects of cancer.
- Center for Colon Cancer Research at USC
(University of South Carolina)
- Click on Cancer Info to learn about colorectal cancer, who is at risk, how you can get screened for it, and how to prevent it. There is also very helpful information about the different types of tests, their costs, and insurance coverage. There is also a section about current research.
- Colorectal Cancer
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine. Topics include News, General/Overviews, Clinical Trials, Disease Management, Pictures/Diagrams, Prevention/Screening, Diagnosis/Symptoms, Research, Specific Conditions/Aspects, Treatment, Genetics, Organizations, Statistics, Seniors, Women, and more. Learn about colon and rectal cancer, ongoing clinical trials, and tests for diagnosis. Includes interactive tutorials on colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. Also has questions to ask your doctor and much more. Select espanol from the menu bar for Spanish links.
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention and Treatment
(American Gastroenterological Association)
- Find out about colon cancer prevention on the site of the American Gastroenterological Association.
- NIH SeniorHealth Colorectal Cancer
(National Cancer Institute)
- Learn the basics of colorectal cancer, including causes, prevention, symptoms, treatment, and more. This site, designed especially for seniors, is easy to read and navigate. Select the "Turn Speech On" button at the top of a page to have the text read to you. The site also has short videos and quizzes.
- United Ostomy Association, Inc.
- United Ostomy Association, Inc. is a volunteer organization "dedicated to providing education, information, support and advocacy for people who have had or will have intestinal or urinary diversions."
Last Modified: Monday February 06, 2017 2:23 PM