- able South Carolina
- Serves counties in the Midlands and Upstate regions. There is information about local support groups on the Web site.
- Camp Spearhead
(Greenville County Recreation District)
- This camp provides summer camping activities to children and adults with special needs. It is located in Cleveland, SC.
- Developmental Disabilities
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- Intellectual Disability (formerly Mental Retardation)
(Center for Parent Information and Resources)
- This fact sheet provides an overview of mental retardation, including signs, causes, tips for parents, and educational needs.
- Special Olympics of South Carolina
- The Special Olympics of South Carolina provides sports training and competition for children and adults with mental retardation. There is information about upcoming events and how to become involved.
- What Is an Intellectual Disability?
- This web page is geared toward kids. It provides an introduction to intellectual disabilities.
Last Modified: Friday August 17, 2018 9:52 PM