(Hands on Health-SC)
- Read this for a general introduction to diabetes. This section also includes links to many Web sites which focus on all aspects of diabetes.
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by medical librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed: A Guide for School Personnel
(National Diabetes Education Program)
- This resource guide helps students with diabetes, their health care team, school staff and parents work together to provide diabetes management in the school setting. Find out what causes diabetes and how school staff can plan students' diabetes management.
- American Diabetes Association
- This site has all kinds of information about diabetes. For a good introduction to the disease and how people live with it, select Newly Diagnosed? from the menu on the right. This takes you to the Diabetes Learning Center. Click on one of the large blue buttons in the center of the page. Select THE CHANNEL to view information in English or EL CANAL for Spanish. Explore other parts of the site for good information that will help you understand diabetes.
Last Modified: Monday February 13, 2017 11:58 AM