- BrightFocus Foundation
- BrightFocus is a nonprofit organization that supports research on Alzheimer's disease, glaucoma, macular degeneration, heart disease and stroke. It also supports public education about these diseases. The site describes each disease and has links to research news about each topic. Still and animated graphics show how each disease changes the normal anatomy. The site also has information about the Alzheimer's Family Relief Program, which provides small financial grants to individuals and families.
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
(NIH Senior Health)
- Glaucoma mostly affects older people over 60, though African-Americans over 40 are also at higher risk. Learn about this disease that is a leading cause of blindness in the U.S. Topics covered include causes and risk factors, symptoms and diagnosis, treatment, and frequently asked questions.
- Glaucoma Research Foundation
- Professional and Support Groups
Last Modified: Tuesday February 07, 2017 3:32 PM