(AAMC. Association of American Medical Colleges)
- Designed to inform African-American, Latino, and Native American students about careers in medicine. Offers Q & A, podcasts, hot topic discussions, and online communities with expert panelists. Learn about preparing for med school and the MCAT.
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Here you will find resources to help high school students learn more about healthcare professions.
- Careers/ Occupational Outlook Handbook
(U.S.Department of Labor)
- The U.S. Department of Labor has made this extremely informative handbook available online. This is the same book that your local SC Employment Security Commission uses. It is very thorough – for each job listed, it describes the nature of the work, working conditions training and education required, possible incomes, and related work.
- Careers/Healthcare Career Information
- This Web site is an excellent site for young people thinking about careers in medicine. It gives an alphabetical career listing, an Interactive Career Finder, and Medical Career Clusters. Pursuing Your Healthcare Career provides information on High School, College, and Graduate School. Also includes an extensive bibliography of health career sources, print and online. This site is a ThinkQuest Internet winner. This is a contest for school age youth sponsored by Oracle Help us Help Foundation.
- Health Career Education Resources in South Carolina
(South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium)
- This Website contains a directory of programs in South Carolina that are working to increase the number of economically disadvantaged and underrepresented minority students in health career fields. It may be used by students, student advisers, or others looking for health related educational and career resources such as career fairs, educational assistance, training, internships and recruitment. One can search by program and location. It also provides a description of the program and contact information.
- Parish Nursing
(National Health Ministries)
- Many churches believe that health and spiritual wholeness are intertwined and are using parish nurses to meet the both needs in their church and community. This site explains how they do that and, how to find one, what their training may be, and answers many more questions.
Last Modified: Tuesday September 18, 2007 3:18 PM