(AAMC. Association of American Medical Colleges)
- Designed to inform African-American, Latino, and Native American students about careers in medicine. Offers Q & A, podcasts, hot topic discussions, and online communities with expert panelists. Learn about preparing for med school and the MCAT.
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Here you will find resources to help high school students learn more about healthcare professions.
- Careers/ Occupational Outlook Handbook
(U.S.Department of Labor)
- The U.S. Department of Labor has made this extremely informative handbook available online. This is the same book that your local SC Employment Security Commission uses. It is very thorough â€“ for each job listed, it describes the nature of the work, working conditions training and education required, possible incomes, and related work.
- Parish Nursing
(National Health Ministries)
- Many churches believe that health and spiritual wholeness are intertwined and are using parish nurses to meet the both needs in their church and community. This site explains how they do that and, how to find one, what their training may be, and answers many more questions.
Last Modified: Monday December 19, 2016 10:53 AM