- HealthMap: Global disease alert map
(Children's Hospital Informatics Program. Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences & Technology)
- This is a neat place to find out about emerging infectious diseases around the world. Outbreaks are shown with colored points in a map of the world. Click on the point to get information from international health organizations and news sources about the nature of the problem. You can search by location, disease, or language. A useful site to check before traveling.
- Infectious Disease Information
(National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases)
- The mission of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases is to prevent illness, disability, and death caused by infectious diseases in the United States and around the world. This site has information for scientists and health professionals as well as factsheets for patients. You can learn about specific diseases, newly emerging diseases like SARS, travelers' health, and insects and other carriers of disease.
- Infectious Diseases (General)
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
Last Modified: Thursday February 09, 2017 2:28 PM