Support and Advocacy Groups
- This site includes information on all aspects of senior life, including healthy living, legislative issues, end-of-life concerns, financial planning, and much more. To find the especially helpful AARP Health Guide, look at the column on the left side and click on Health and Wellness.
- Administration for Community Living
(Department of Health & Human Services)
- This site has lots of information for seniors, their families and caregivers. Select Elders and Families on the menu bar across the top. You can find information on topics like diseases, housing, nutrition, money, finding help, services, and much more. Information is available in non-English languages: german, french, spanish, italian, portuguese, and others.
- Benefits CheckupĀ®
(The National Council on the Aging)
- If you are a senior citizen, this site may help you learn if there are benefits for which you qualify. You may be able to get help with prescription drugs, health care, utility, and other costs. An easy-to-use survey must be completed and within seconds, you will receive a list of programs in your area, for which you can apply.
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- This site is a great place to learn about the issues, health conditions, and needs of families and friends providing long-term care at home. You will find useful information about many health conditions like ALS, Alzheimer's, dementia, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, and others. There are tips and advice for caregivers, fact sheets about end of life and legal issues and other topics. Some fact sheets are available in Spanish or Chinese.
- National Council on Aging
- NCOA is a private, nonprofit association of organizations and individuals working to promote the dignity and improve the life of older persons. Select the Senior Health Tips button or the Senior's Corner button for links to articles on aging in areas like Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, Diabetes, Hearing, Prostate Cancer and more. The site also offers news of importance to seniors.
Last Modified: Friday October 25, 2019 1:54 PM