- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine. Topics include General/Overviews, Research, Specific Conditions/Aspects, Directories, Law and Policy, Organizations, Statistics, Children, Women, and more. Read a summary of Medicaid and learn about Medicaid and different diseases, conditions, and health services. Most links are to government Web sites. Select espanol from the menu bar for Spanish links.Â
- Medicaid Information
(Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
- This is the "Center for Medicaid and State Operations Internet Information Site." It has general information about Medicaid for consumers and professionals. You can also find the Medicaid plan for each state from the Medicaid Consumer Information page.
- Medicaid Programs
(SC Department of Health and Human Services)
- This site has basic information about the Medicaid program in South Carolina. Topics include eligibility, how to apply, location of county offices, medical services, and much more. Also includes some Medicare information.
- South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- This state agency is where you can go for information about Medicaid in South Carolina. You can find the necessary forms to fill out to receive Medicaid, look at available health plans, review a question-and-answer section about Medicaid and find a list of Health and Human Services offices in the state.
- South Carolina Healthy Connections Choices
- Healthy Connections Choices is a state program that helps Medicaid recipients enroll in (join) a health plan. The Website includes information on health plans, a directory where patients can find a physician or a hospital, and a five-minute video about the enrollment process. The site is also available in Spanish.
Last Modified: Monday January 14, 2013 10:58 AM