- A Healthy Mouth for Your Baby
(National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)
- "As soon as a babyâ€™s grin shows its first sign of tiny teeth, itâ€™s time to start taking care of them. This site has basic information about protecting babiesâ€™ teeth, with tips about cleaning teeth and feeding kids healthy food. Also available in Spanish."
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Find information about gum diseases and implants.
- American Dental Association
- Information is provided for both professionals and the general public. The Dental Professionals section contains advice and guidelines for private practice, publications and journals, educational information, forums and news. The Public section contains oral health topics, Find a Dentist, products, tips, and games for children.
- Child Care Oral Health
(South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control)
- This site is designed to help childcare workers assist parents in fitting proper oral health care into the lives of children.. The guidelines and advice will be helpful also to parents.
- Child Dental Health
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine. Topics include News, General/Overview, Diagnosis/Symptoms, Nutrition, Pictures/Diagrams, Prevention/Screening, Research, Specific Conditions/Aspects, Treatment, Law and Policy, Children, Teenagers, and more.
- Dental and Oral Disease
(Hands on Health-SC)
- This article provides a general overview of dental and oral health in a question and answer format. Children's dental health is specifically covered in How can I lower my children's risk of dental and oral disease? Many links to other Internet resources about dental health are included.
- Dental CyberWeb
- Dental CyberWeb produced by Dr. Doty. Includes a list of dental definitions.
- Dental Health
- MEDLINEplus Health Information site has links to both general and specific information about caring for your teeth and gums. All links are reviewed by medical librarians.
- Find a Dentist
(American Dental Association)
- Here you can find out if your dentist is a member or the American Dental Association. Or, you can find all the dentists in your area who are members of the ADA.
- Gum Disease
- Links to sites which have been reviewed by librarians at the National Library of Medicine.
- Mouth and Teeth
- This page has links to all topics on Mouth and teeth in MEDLINEplus.
- Oral Health Information
(American Dental Hygiene Association)
- Learn how to properly brush and floss. Instructions and illustrations at this site are clear and easy to understand. Oral hygiene information is provided for children, seniors, adolescents and adults. In addition, there are easy-to-read fact sheets about gum disease, oral cancer, bad breath, and diabetes related dental problems. Some of these are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click on Patient Resources, then click on Oral Health Facts to find the information.
Last Modified: Friday February 10, 2017 10:44 AM